See Your Strengths and Weaknesses
Hear the Points You Are Making
Use Your Phone as a Training Tool
Critiquing Yourself with Video
When recording yourself, your tendency upon review will be to find every little fault, every tick, every stutter, every “umm….” Ok, get past that (though be conscious of them, of course). When reviewing your presentation, use the following training questions to really evaluate your performance:
- Am I inspired by my communication?
- Do I have the right level of physical involvement to inspire my listeners?
- Am I being clear?
- Is my communication organized from my listener’s POV?
- Am I off on a tangent?
- If I’m persuading someone, am I succeeding?
- Is the climate I’ve set appropriate?
- Am I having fun?
- Did I achieve what I set out to accomplish?